myers-briggs personality types
↳ ESFJ (The Provider)
ESFJs are conscientious helpers, sensitive to the needs of others and energetically dedicated to their responsibilities. They are highly attuned to their emotional environment and attentive to both the feelings of others and the perception others have of them. ESFJs like a sense of harmony and cooperation around them, and are eager to please and provide.
ESFJs value loyalty and tradition, and usually make their family and friends their top priority. They are generous with their time, effort, and emotions. They often take on the concerns of others as if they were their own, and will attempt to put their significant organizational talents to use to bring order to other people’s lives.
- among types highest in resources for coping with stress
- second most likely of all types to report believing in a higher spiritual power
- underrepresented among people suffering from substance abuse
- highest of all types in reported satisfaction with their marriage or intimate relationship
- among most likely of all types to stay in college
- most likely of all types to be satisfied with their co-workers
- values at work include clear structure, security, and the ability to be of service to others
- among the types most satisfied with their work
- commonly found in careers in education, healthcare, and religion
- famous esfjs: barbara walters, sam walton, mary tyler moore, and dave thomas